Recipes & Tips
|Rolled Sugar Cookies (Large Batch)
- 1¼ cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together, then add eggs and flavoring, beat until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately to creamed mixture with milk. If mixture is too sticky, add a little more flour so that it is easy to handle. Roll dough 1/8” thick and cut. Dip cutters in confectioners sugar before each use. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes 36-42 average size cookies.
– from Lorraine’s Inc.
- 1 lb. Confectioners sugar
- 3 Tablespoon meringue powder
- 5-6 Tablespoons water
Beat at medium speed for 8-10 minutes. Icing should form stiff peaks.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper to get lightly browned edges. You can use the parchment many times.
- Always cool baking sheets completely before putting on the next batch of cookies. It helps the dough to not spread too fast.
- Use confectioners sugar instead of flour for sprinkling on your rolling surface and rolling pin, and for dipping your cutters. It makes the cookies a little sweeter and doesn’t dry the dough as fast.
- Make royal icing in an air-tight container so that it doesn’t dry before you can use it.
|If you don’t find what you are looking for on this site contact us, we probably have it.